Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Lunchbox!

You don't have to be 6 years old to enjoy a good lunchbox. I mean it's no Cracker Jack's *(1st-3rd grade) or Strawberry Shortcake (4th-6th grade), but the laptop lunch bento box is just waiting to take all your joyful creations to work.

Mine looks pretty awesome to me, but check out Sakurako Kitsa’s Flickr site for the coolest lunch art ever. I think my favorite is the angry sandwich. Wait, and Jaws...oh there are so many.

I've got Vcon Asian Marinated Tofu, inari sushi, edamame, and sushi rice topped with seasoning (Yasai Fumi Furikake-sesame seed, carrot, spinach, pumpkin, celery, Japanese mustard plant, potato starch, sugar salt, and seaweed.)

For more lunchbox recipes and actual kid friendly ideas check out the Vegan Lunchbox by Jennifer McCann.*Cracker Jack's is on the Peta, I can't believe it's vegan list.

6 comments:

Tara said...

Wow, your lunch looks great! I actually thought that it was a photo from a cookbook or website.

Vic Robinson said...

Great! I wish I had the motivation to make and bring food to work. I am too lazy about it. I just get a soy yogurt or something. Make me a lunchbox! :)

Sal - AlienOnToast said...

that is a very cool lunchbox - i want one of those!! It looks like a tasty lunch!

Bianca said...

Cuteness! I love bento boxes, especially with what's stuffed in yours. Inari is my favorite food ever! And the grill marks on that tofu are perfection.

And I also love that Cracker Jack's are vegan. I don't eat them often, but I went on a swamp tour in New Orleans a couple years ago, and I was famished but we were on a boat and the only food available were non-vegan chips and small bags of Cracker Jacks that the captain had for sale. Those Cracker Jack's saved my life....or at least my growling tummy.

Anonymous said...

You're right. Plus we're all kids at heart.

Anyway I'm glad Jennifer came out with her book. I've been admiring her cooking skills for years! Shmoo is one lucky dude!

Yours looks divine as well. *rubs me belly

For the Love of Guava said...

I've been thinking about one of these but am kind of attached to my canvas bag and mismatched earth balance, tofutti, and alalpha sprout containers. Looks nummy... and well organized!